Blood Type Diet Recipe
WELLNESS SHITAKE BEAN SOUP
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: Heather||Added: Nov 12, 2007 at 06:06 PM|
This is a great soup to eat when you are suffering from cold or flu or other bug.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type B (4 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (7 beneficials)
- 1 1/2 cups dried black beans
- 1 cup dried garbanzo beans
- 1 cup dried mung beans
- 1 large potato
- 1 large carrot
- 1/2 large yellow onion or 1 whole leek
- 1 whole head of garlic
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh ginger
- 1/2 pound shatike mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon triphala powder
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- 1 teaspoon tarragon
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar [or lemon juice]
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- handful of dried nettle leaves
How to make it:
- Soak the beans overnight to remove gas-causing substance.
- About 2 1/2 hours before you wish to eat, rinse the beans and put in a large pot with 2 quarts fresh water. Bring to a boil, then lower the temp to a simmer and allow to cook for 30 minutes.
- Add chopped potato, onion, carrot, ginger, and garlic. Add salt, cumin, and triphala.
- Cook for 1 hour.
- Add herbs, oil, chopped mushrooms and vinegar.
- Cook on low heat for 30 more minutes to 1 hour.
- Stir regularly.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
Fruit/ Fruit Juice Product(s)
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be high in chitinase, an allergen.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print: