Blood Type Diet Recipe
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: Rosey||Added: Nov 07, 2007 at 02:39 AM|
Finger food for a party, or shape into larger patties to serve with compliant vegetables/carb as a hot meal.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (3 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type AB (4 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (5 beneficials)
- Type B (1 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- Type O (3 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (7 beneficials)
- 200g ground beef, (As & ABs use chicken or turkey)
- 1 onion (sweet red works best), finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 egg to bind
- dried/fresh mixed herbs to taste - oregano and basil go well with beef - coriander and tarragon with poultry
- 1/2 teaspoon dried mustard (all types) or cayenne (Os & Bs)
- sea salt to taste
- olive oil for frying
How to make it:
- Fry half the onion and all the garlic in olive oil until translucent. Keep the other half for added crunch.
- Add all the ingredients, including the cooked and raw onion, into a large bowl and mix together.
- Shape into bite-sized balls and fry. The turkey and chicken will be a bit sloppier but will firm.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Chicken|| 1 || N|| N|| A|| A|| A|| A|| N|| N|
|Turkey|| 1 || N|| B|| B|| B|| N|| N|| N|| N|
|Beef|| 1 || A|| A|| A|| A|| N|| N|| B|| B|
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Nov 07, 2007 at 11:49 AM By: Rodney