Teriyaki Tofu Steak"
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (4 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type AB (3 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type O (1 beneficials)
- 1 pound extra firm tofu, well drained
- 6 Tablespoons sake or white wine
- 6 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 Tablespoons arrowroot powder
How to make it:
- Cut tofu into six equal 1/2 inch strips.
- Marinate tofu in sake (wine), garlic, scallions, honey and 2 TBS oil for 20 minutes.
- Heat remaining oil in wok over medium heat.
- Grill tofu in wok until brown on both sides.
- Place on serving platter.
- Bring leftover marinade sauce to boil and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Thicken sauce with arrowroot.
- Pour over tofu before serving.
- Makes 5 servings.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Hint: You can click on the arrows  at top of the table(s) to sort by columns.
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may have a high mold count.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
Cook Right For Your Type is the definitive cookbook for those following the Blood Type Diet. When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has recently been greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a few years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended.
Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of all the new features and food lists. Please be patient until the process has been completed.
Click here to go to the BTD Forums - Cook Right 4 Your Type board to discuss this recipe.
- Revised Oct 15, 2011 at 09:38 PM By: Joe