Blood Type Diet Recipe
MASHED POTATO SUBSTITUTE
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: LakesLady68||Added: Oct 18, 2007 at 02:17 PM|
A quick and easy substitute for mashed white/red potatoes.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (1 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (1 beneficials)
- Type AB (1 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type B (0 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (1 beneficials)
- Type O (0 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (0 beneficials)
- 1 medium celeriac
- boiling water to cover
- squeeze of lemon (prevents it discolouring)
- seasoning to BTD
- 1 grated apple [Optional]
- 1 Tablespoon ghee or butter for taste [Optional]
How to make it:
- Peel and chop the celeriac to a 1/2 inch dice.
- Put into boiling water with a squeeze of lemon juice, the water should just cover the celeriac.
- Boil until tender, test by inserting a knife into one of the pieces to check.
- Add a grated apple in the last few minutes of cooking.
- Drain, reserving the cooking liquid.
- Mash the celeriac, with butter or ghee, put through a potato ricer (makes wonderful soft, creamy mash).
- If the mix is too dry for your taste add a spoon or two of the cooking water to moisten it.
- Season to taste and serve alongside a warming stew or BTD sausages.
- It has a mild celery taste which lessens as it is cooked. Serves four
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
Fruit/ Fruit Juice Product(s)
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Butter|| 1 || A|| A|| A|| A|| N|| N|| N|| N|
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be high in pesticides.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Oct 19, 2007 at 00:58 AM By: Lola