A non |
B non |
O non |
Outrageous Sauteed Tofu
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
Healing, easy, delicious way to bring tofu into your diet. Especially healing for A-types.A tofu even teenagers will devour!
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (7 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type AB (4 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (5 beneficials)
- Type O (3 beneficials)
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 8 ounces extra-firm tofu, cubed into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup soy or tamari sauce (O-types, use Bragg's Liquid Aminos)
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
How to make it:
- Saute the garlic, ginger, and turmeric in the olive oil, on medium heat, for 1 minute.
- Add the cubed tofu, and coat all pieces.
- Stir carefully so you don't break all the cubes apart.
- Pour the soy sauce or Braggs over the tofu, and continue to stir.
- Saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice and the maple syrup--the mixture will be quite watery.
- Saute until the tofu has absorbed all the liquid, maybe 4-5 minutes.
- Saute for an additional minute or so if you like a crunchy texture on the outside of the tofu cubes.
- Serve immediately.
- O-types can add Cayenne at the table.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Hint: You can click on the arrows  at top of the table(s) to sort by columns.
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Maple Syrup|| N|| N|| N|| A|| N|| N|| N|| A|
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may have a high mold count.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
Cook Right For Your Type is the definitive cookbook for those following the Blood Type Diet. When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has recently been greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a few years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended.
Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of all the new features and food lists. Please be patient until the process has been completed.
Click here to go to the BTD Forums - Cook Right 4 Your Type board to discuss this recipe.
- Revised Jan 01, 2011 at 11:24 PM By: Joe