Blood Type Diet Recipe
MILLET - OAT BRAN MUFFINS
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: Suzanne Akard||Added: Oct 09, 2007 at 00:55 AM|
High-fiber muffins with a mildly sweet pineapple flavor, neutral or beneficial for everyone.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (3 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type AB (3 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type B (2 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type O (1 beneficials)
- 1 1/2 cups oat bran
- 12 ounces pineapple juice concentrate, thawed
- 3/4 cup millet flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 4 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp. walnut oil
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Mix oat bran and pineapple juice concentrate in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, mix together the egg whites and walnut oil.
- Add egg mixture to the oat bran mixture and stir to blend.
- Add millet flour and baking soda and stir with a whisk until well blended.
- Bake at 350 F for about 25 minutes.
- Makes approx. 12 muffins.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
 This recipe uses ingredients that contain gluten.
 This recipe uses ingredients which are high in phytates.
 This recipe uses ingredients with a good omega 3 to omega 6 fatty acid ratio.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This is a low lectin recipe. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Oct 09, 2007 at 08:20 AM By: Father Tiresias