Blood Type Diet Recipe
ALMOND BAKED APPLES
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: Stormy||Added: Oct 08, 2007 at 11:07 PM|
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (0 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (0 beneficials)
- Type AB (1 beneficials)
- 1/2 cup Maranatha Creamy Almond Butter
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 large baking apples (McIntosh, Fuji or Yellow Delicious)
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon honey
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine Maranatha almond butter, raisins, 3 tbsp. apple juice, vanilla and spices.
- Core apples, avoid breaking through bottom of apple.
- Fill each apple with almond butter filling.
- Arrange apples in a shallow baking dish.
- Pour remaining apple juice into pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Mix yogurt and honey to make a sauce and serve over warm apples or use as a dipping sauce.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be high in pesticides.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print: