Blood Type Diet Recipe
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: Robin Hinsdale||Added: Oct 08, 2007 at 10:26 AM|
'I love the element contributed by the candied ginger in this smooth, sweet mixture. I use this mustard in a variety of recipes and find it is especially good as a dip. Because the base of this mustard is prepared dijon, lengthy aging is not required. I find the mustard is fine for use after resting for a day. Do store it in the refrigerator, however, so that it maintains its peak of flavor.'
For more mustard recipe variations, go to Robin's blog.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (2 beneficials)
- Type AB (1 beneficials)
- Type B (1 beneficials)
- Type O (1 beneficials)
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) mustard flour
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) very cold water
- 3/4 cup (160 ml) dijon mustard [Mustard Recipe Variations]
- 5 Tablespoons (75 ml) honey [or BTD compliant sweetener]
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) candied ginger, very finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) fresh ginger, grated
How to make it:
- Mix the mustard flour with the water to form a smooth paste.
- Let sit for twenty minutes.
- Place the dijon, honey, and gingers in a food processor container, along with the mustard flour mixture and pulse until the mixture is smooth.
- Store in glass jars.
- Makes approximately 1 cup.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Honey|| 1 || N|| N|| N|| A|| N|| N|| N|| A|
|Agave Syrup|| || N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Oct 08, 2007 at 10:26 AM By: Drea
- Revised Jan 16, 2008 at 09:02 AM By: Don