Blood Type Diet Recipe
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: Robin Hinsdale||Added: Oct 08, 2007 at 10:16 AM|
Course-ground mustard - OK for all types.
For more mustard recipe variations, go to Robin's blog.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (2 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type AB (1 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type B (0 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (1 beneficials)
- Type O (0 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (1 beneficials)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) white or brown mustard seeds
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) red wine vinegar (I substitute lemon juice or apple cider vinegar)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) dry red wine
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon (about 1.5 ml) ground allspice (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) cold water
How to make it:
- Place mustard seeds, wine vinegar/lemon juice, and wine in a small bowl and let stand for 3 hours.
- Pour both the seeds & liquid into the container of a blender or food processor fitter with steel blade.
- Process with several on-off motions until the seeds are bruised and broken.
- Add the dry mustard, salt, allspice, and water and process for 30 seconds.
- Scrape down the sides of the container with a rubber spatula and process for 30 seconds longer.
- Keep in a well-sealed container and allow to stand overnight before using.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
Fruit/ Fruit Juice Product(s)
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Allspice|| 1 || N|| N|| A|| A|| A|| A|| N|| N|
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may have a high mold count.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print: