Blood Type Diet Recipe
MISO SOUP 101
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: Stormy||Added: Oct 07, 2007 at 12:35 AM|
Very east to make and quite tasty.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (6 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- Type AB (3 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- 1 medium onion, sliced in half moons
- 3 cups chopped kale, collards, etc.
- 2 carrots, cut into thin rounds
- 1 3-inch piece wakame sea vegetable
- 4 stalks celery
- 1 leek (optional)
- 8 cups water
- 6 tbsp. light or dark miso
How to make it:
- Place water, carrot, onion and wakame/celery in saucepan; bring to boil over high heat.
- Reduce flame to medium and simmer for 10 minutes with lid on.
- Add greens and simmer with lid off until tender.
- In a small bowl, blend miso with 6 tbsp. of liquid from pot.
- Reduce flame to low, add diluted miso and simmer briefly.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
 This recipe uses ingredients with a high glycemic index.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Oct 08, 2007 at 07:11 AM By: Father Tiresias