A non |
B non |
O non |
Sweet Potato Pineapple Casserole
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: Karen||Added: Oct 06, 2007 at 09:38 PM|
This is an easy recipe with only 4 ingredients that supplies fiber and antioxidants.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A Non Secretor (1 beneficials)
- Type AB (2 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type B (2 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type O (1 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (0 beneficials)
- 10 to 12 boiled and mashed sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (or your choice of sweetener)
- 1 large can crushed pineapple (with half it's juice)
- 1/3 cup ghee or 1/2 cup butter
How to make it:
- Boil potatoes with skins on until soft. Peel and mash potatoes.
- Combine pineapple, ghee or butter and brown sugar in a saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture boils for 1 minute. Reserve enough of this mixture to cover top of casserole.
- Combine remaining pineapple mixture with the mashed sweet potatoes in a 10 1/2 x 8 1/2 or slightly larger casserole dish and top with the reserved pineapple mixture.
- Cover and bake at 325 F. for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Serves 14 to 16
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Hint: You can click on the arrows  at top of the table(s) to sort by columns.
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
 This recipe uses ingredients with a high glycemic index.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This is a low lectin recipe. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
Cook Right For Your Type is the definitive cookbook for those following the Blood Type Diet. When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has recently been greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a few years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended.
Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of all the new features and food lists. Please be patient until the process has been completed.
Click here to go to the BTD Forums - Cook Right 4 Your Type board to discuss this recipe.
- Revised Oct 06, 2007 at 11:41 PM By: Rodney