A non |
B non |
O non |
Angel Cake Supreme
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
Adapted with spelt flour and granulated sugar from 'Better Homes and Gardens' cookbook, Fall 1961.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (0 beneficials)
- Type AB (1 beneficials)
- Type B (0 beneficials)
- Type O (0 beneficials)
- 1 cup white (or whole) spelt flour
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 12 egg whites (1-1/2 cups)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoon vanilla or vanilla bean
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon almond oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
How to make it:
- Mix flour with 1-1/4 cups sugar.
- Set aside.
- Beat egg whites with cream of tartar, salt, vanilla and almond oil till stiff enough to hold up in soft peaks, but still moist and glossy.
- Beat in the 1 cup granulated sugar, 2 tablespoons at a time.
- Beat until the meringue holds stiff peaks.
- Sprinkle about 1/4 of the flour-sugar mixture in 4 increments, folding in lightly after each increment, with up-and-down motion, turning the bowl.
- Bake in ungreased 10-inch tube pan in moderate oven, at 375 degrees about 30 minutes or till done (top will be crispy golden).
- Invert pan and cool cake thoroughly.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Hint: You can click on the arrows  at top of the table(s) to sort by columns.
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
 This recipe uses ingredients that contain gluten.
 This recipe uses ingredients with a high glycemic index.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which are high in phytates.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
Cook Right For Your Type is the definitive cookbook for those following the Blood Type Diet. When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has recently been greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a few years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended.
Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of all the new features and food lists. Please be patient until the process has been completed.
Click here to go to the BTD Forums - Cook Right 4 Your Type board to discuss this recipe.
- Revised Oct 06, 2007 at 08:27 PM By: Lola