Blood Type Diet Recipe
ANGEL CAKE SUPREME
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
Adapted with spelt flour and granulated sugar from 'Better Homes and Gardens' cookbook, Fall 1961.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (0 beneficials)
- Type AB (1 beneficials)
- Type B (0 beneficials)
- Type O (0 beneficials)
- 1 cup white (or whole) spelt flour
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 12 egg whites (1-1/2 cups)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoon vanilla or vanilla bean
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon almond oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
How to make it:
- Mix flour with 1-1/4 cups sugar.
- Set aside.
- Beat egg whites with cream of tartar, salt, vanilla and almond oil till stiff enough to hold up in soft peaks, but still moist and glossy.
- Beat in the 1 cup granulated sugar, 2 tablespoons at a time.
- Beat until the meringue holds stiff peaks.
- Sprinkle about 1/4 of the flour-sugar mixture in 4 increments, folding in lightly after each increment, with up-and-down motion, turning the bowl.
- Bake in ungreased 10-inch tube pan in moderate oven, at 375 degrees about 30 minutes or till done (top will be crispy golden).
- Invert pan and cool cake thoroughly.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
 This recipe uses ingredients that contain gluten.
 This recipe uses ingredients with a high glycemic index.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which are high in phytates.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Oct 06, 2007 at 08:27 PM By: Lola