Blood Type Diet Recipe
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
|Contributed by: md||Added: Oct 02, 2007 at 10:31 PM|
This is made to look like a cake, but it's made with just fruit.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (4 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (5 beneficials)
- Type AB (4 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (6 beneficials)
- Type B (4 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (6 beneficials)
- Type O (3 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- 1 watermelon, about 7 to 9 inches in diameter (seedless, if desired)
- 1 banana, to make a fake candle on top
- 1 cherry, to make a fake candle flame on top of the banana
- Assorted fruits cherries, blueberries, strawberries, grapes, etc., to decorate the outer top and bottom of the cake
- A flat serving plate
- Space in your refrigerator to store the 'cake' until serving time
How to make it:
- Cut a 3 to 6 inch cross section from the watermelon.
- Pat the watermelon section dry with paper towels and place on the serving plate.
- Decorate, as desired, with fresh fruit (cherries, blueberries, strawberries, grapes, whatever you decide)along the top outer edge and the bottom outer edge, using toothpicks to secure them, if needed.
- Cut one end off the banana and stand the banana in the center of the cake.
- Secure a cherry on top of the banana with a toothpick.
- Cover loosely with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until serving time.
- Cut into wedges to serve.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Cherry (all)|| 1 ,2 ,3 || B|| B|| B|| B|| N|| B|| B|| B|
|Watermelon|| 2 || N|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|| N|| N|
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
Fruit/ Fruit Juice Product(s)
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be high in pesticides.
 This recipe uses ingredients with a high glycemic index.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Oct 03, 2007 at 02:55 PM By: Don