Blood Type Diet Recipe
MACADAMIA TRAIL MIX
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
This basic trail mix recipe can be easily customized to your own tastes and availability of ingredients. I used toasted nuts, but if you prefer raw nuts, that's fine. This is a great portable snack that has plenty of good-quality protein and fat (and calories)--one handful will keep you going for a while!
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (4 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- Type AB (3 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- Type B (1 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- Type O (4 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- 1 part macadamia nuts
- 1 part English or black walnuts
- 1 part almonds
- 1 part pecans
- 1/2 part dried blueberries [check for avoids]
- (substitute your favorite dried fruit here if you wish)
- 1 part chopped dried mission figs
- (you can dust the chopped figs with cocoa powder if you like to make them less sticky)
- 1 part Ghirardelli 60% cocoa chocolate chips (opt) [check for avoids]
- (Other ingredients, such as spelt pretzel pieces, spelt sesame sticks, pepitas, etc may be added at the cook's discretion and according to blood type allowances.)
How to make it:
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl and keep stored in an airtight container in a cool dry place.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Chocolate/ Cocoa|| 3 || N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which are known to be common allergens.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Oct 17, 2007 at 04:43 PM By: Drea