A non |
B non |
O non |
GulfCoastGuy's Spicy Slow Cooker Pot Roast
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
If you like spicy hot beef, this is the recipe for you! Not your mama's Sunday roast--this is good enough for company! (Nightshade-sensitive people take note: this recipe contains tomatoes and peppers.)
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type B Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type O (2 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (5 beneficials)
- 1 4 pound pot roast (whatever cut you prefer)
- 3 medium onions
- 6 cloves garlic
- 5 Thai peppers (or other hot pepper)
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- sprig of fresh rosemary (1/2 teaspoon dried)
- fresh basil to taste
- half a bottle of your favorite merlot
How to make it:
- Peel and quarter or chop the onions as you prefer.
- Peel the garlic and leave whole or mince as desired.
- Slice the peppers if desired.
When handling hot peppers, do not touch your face or eyes and wash your hands thoroughly after preparation! Also, remember that the seeds and ribs inside the pepper are much hotter than the flesh, so if you leave them whole they will be substantially hotter than chopped and seeded peppers.
- Layer the onions, garlic and peppers in with the pot roast.
- Cover the meat with the rosemary, basil and freshly ground pepper. Add the tomato sauce and Merlot, making sure the herbs are not displaced by the liquid.
- Put the slow cooker on the low setting and cook for 7 hours. Serves 4.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Hint: You can click on the arrows  at top of the table(s) to sort by columns.
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be genetically modified .
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be high in chitinase, an allergen.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
Cook Right For Your Type is the definitive cookbook for those following the Blood Type Diet. When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has recently been greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a few years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended.
Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of all the new features and food lists. Please be patient until the process has been completed.
Click here to go to the BTD Forums - Cook Right 4 Your Type board to discuss this recipe.
- Revised Jan 07, 2009 at 02:34 PM By: Lola