Blood Type Diet Recipe
TURKEY MEATLOAF WITH ROASTED RED PEPPER SAUCE
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
I wanted to create a meatloaf where I didn't have to use tomatoes. With a little experimenting I discovered that roasted red peppers were a great substitute. This is very tasty, and great the second day!Enjoy
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Roasted Red Pepper Sauce:
- 1/2 large jar Roasted Red Peppers
- Olive Oil
- Puree the ingredients together in a mixer until it is smooth.
- Turkey Meatloaf:
- Mix in a large bowl the following ingredients,
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 c. milk
- 1/4 c. shredded parma cheese
- 2-3 Tbs. roasted red pepper sauce (above)
- 1 piece Ezekial Bread finely chopped
- 1/2 - 2/3 c. oats
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 pound ground turkey.
How to make it:
- Add 1 pound ground turkey. Mix gently. The mixture should be moist and hold its form when you place it in a bread pan.
- Place turkey in a bread pan, place 1/2 of the remaining red pepper sauce on the top of the turkey loaf. Bake at 375 for 30-45 minutes (until almost done). Place the remainder of the sauce on the turkey loaf and cook an additional 5-10 minutes
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This is a low lectin recipe. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print: