Blood Type Diet Recipe
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
Tofu marinated, then sauteed in a savory sauce, served over rice and topped with mushrooms and toasted almonds. Adapted from a dish enjoyed at Tsunami restaurant in Willits, Calif., but I had to figure it out myself. This may change your attitude about tofu!
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (3 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type AB (4 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type O (0 beneficials)
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup sherry (alcohol cooks off during preparation)
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 3 Tablespoon FRESH oregano leaves, firmly packed
- 1 package Tofu (14 oz, firm or extra firm) Go low fat if you desire
- 1/3 cup toasted whole almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups (approx 8 oz.) portobello mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups cooked white rice
How to make it:
- Combine sherry, soy sauce, lemon juice and oregano leaves.
- Drain tofu, place between several layers of paper towel thicknesses to absorb extra liquid.
- Slice into six 1/2'' slices.
- Arrange flat in glass dish and pour on marinade.
- Cover and place in refrigerator for several hours, turning at least once.
- When ready to begin cooking, prepare rice as directed on your package, and arrange to have it ready in about 1/2 hour.
- Begin cooking tofu 1/2 hour before eating time.
- Set aside 1/4 cup marinade for cooking mushrooms separately.
- Place tofu in non-stick skillet at medium low heat.
- Add just enough marinade including oregano leaves to barely cover bottom; let marinade cook down, but not burn.
- Then carefully turn over tofu slices, pour in more marinade and repeat the process letting the marinade cook down each time which will brown the tofu nicely.
- About 10 minutes before serving time, in another skillet, add 1/8 cup marinade and mushrooms.
- Cook over medium heat until liquid gone or until mushrooms are cooked, but not shriveled.
- Just before serving time, add chopped almonds.
- On each plate, place 1/2 cup rice, 1-1/2 slices tofu, add some nut/mushroom mix and a few dribbles of any leftover marinade(if desired as alcohol will not have been cooked off in remaining marinade.
- Can offer soy sauce as alternative although it really doesn't need extra sauce).
- Serve with green vegetable and salad of your choice.
- Serves 4.
- Good warmed over as leftovers.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may have a high mold count.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be genetically modified .
 This recipe uses ingredients which are high in phytates.
 This recipe uses ingredients with a high glycemic index.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Oct 21, 2011 at 11:09 PM By: Joe