Blood Type Diet Recipe
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
The best pumpkin pancakes ever!
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (2 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (1 beneficials)
- Type AB (3 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type O (1 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (1 beneficials)
- 2 cups spelt flour [or other flour such as kamut]
- 4 teaspoons baking powder [baking powder recipes]
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 Tablespoons sugar [or agave]
- 2 cups rice milk [or other milk]
- 1 Tablespoon melted butter [or ghee]
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 eggs, separated
How to make it:
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt & sugar in mixing bowl.
- Add rice milk, butter, pumpkin, pecans and slightly beaten egg yolks.
- Mix well.
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Fold into mixture.
- Pour mixture on to hot griddle to form your choice pancake size.
- Flip when tiny pancake bubbles pop.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Kamut|| 2 ,3 ,4 ,5 || N|| N|| A|| A|| A|| A|| N|| N|
|Spelt (whole)|| 2 ,3 ,4 ,5 || N|| N|| B|| N|| B|| N|| N|| A|
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients that contain gluten.
 This recipe uses ingredients with a high glycemic index.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which are high in phytates.
This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Oct 19, 2007 at 09:30 AM By: Don