Blood Type Diet Recipe
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
This is an ideal recipe for A group, it's easy & any appropriate vegetables can be added. I have included vegetables I prefer the most.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (8 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (5 beneficials)
- Type O (3 beneficials)
- 1 small tin tuna (in spring water)
- silver beet [swiss chard]
- butternut pumpkin [winter squash]
- green string beans
- onion or leek
- olive oil for cooking
I have not included portion sizes because this is from Australia & measurements differ, so use your imagination.
How to make it:
- Prepare buckwheat according to instructions & amount preferred.
- Steam cut pumpkin and add to frying pan with cut onion or leek in small amount of olive oil.
- Once browned, remove and pop into a serving dish.
- Now add oil and cook required amount of garlic, then add silver beet.
- When cooked add to the dish.
- Steam diced carrots and beans and add to the dish.
- Pop the buckwheat and drained tuna into the dish containing cooked pumpkin,leek,silver beet & garlic,carrots & beans.
- Mix all together, and if needed heat portion size required in microwave.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Onion (Red/S...|| 1 ,2 || B|| B|| N|| N|| N|| B|| B|| B|
|Leek|| 1 ,2 || B|| B|| N|| N|| N|| N|| A|| A|
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be genetically modified .
 This recipe uses ingredients with a high glycemic index.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Oct 04, 2007 at 05:29 PM By: Rodney