A non |
B non |
O non |
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
Adapted from Better Homes and Gardens New Cookbook.
How to make it:
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type B (1 beneficials)
- Type O (0 beneficials)
- Lemon Squares:
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup white spelt flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt.
- Beat butter for 30 seconds; add the 1/4 cup sugar and 1/4 tsp. salt, beating till fluffy. Stir in the 1 cup flour. Pat dough onto bottom of 8x8x2-inch baking pan. (I just use one of my corningware pans).
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 15 minutes.
- Beat 2 eggs
- Add 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons white spelt flour
- 1/4 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel (I generally add a lot more)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice (I sometimes add a little more)
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tarter and 1/4 teaspoon baking soda (recipe calls for 1/4 teaspoon baking powder - I use the combination I have listed instead)
- Beat 3 minutes or till slightly thickened.
- Pour over baked layer. Bake in a 350 oven 25 to 30 minutes longer or till light golden brown around edges and center is set. Cool. Cut into squares. Makes 16.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Hint: You can click on the arrows  at top of the table(s) to sort by columns.
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients that contain gluten.
 This recipe uses ingredients with a high glycemic index.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which are high in phytates.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
Cook Right For Your Type is the definitive cookbook for those following the Blood Type Diet. When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has recently been greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a few years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended.
Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of all the new features and food lists. Please be patient until the process has been completed.
Click here to go to the BTD Forums - Cook Right 4 Your Type board to discuss this recipe.
- Revised Jul 22, 2008 at 07:44 AM By: Father Tiresias