A non |
B non |
O non |
Lady Flo's Pumpkin Scones (modified for BTD)"
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
Semi-sweet moist scone, serve with jam, soy cream cheese. From Lady Flo Bjelke-Peterson - old traditional Aussie recipe!
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (1 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (1 beneficials)
- Type AB (0 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (1 beneficials)
- Type O (1 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (1 beneficials)
- 1 Tablespoon soft ghee
- 1/2 cup sugar [or BTD compliant sweetener]
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup mashed cooked pumpkin (cold)
- 2 cups white spelt flour & extra for kneading [or kamut flour]
- 2 teaspoons baking powder [baking powder recipes], sifted with flour
How to make it:
- Beat together ghee, sugar and salt with electric mixer. Add egg, then pumpkin and stir in the flour. Turn onto heavily floured board(I rolled in enough flour to coat exterior & scone cutter, otherwise very wet sticky dough)and cut. Place in tray (greaseproof paper & floured)on top shelf of very hot oven 225-250c for 15-20 minutes.(my fanforced electric oven did 200c for 15 mins). Other blood types can check/convert for compliance. Best on day of baking, can freeze & thaw in fridge before reheating to serve.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Hint: You can click on the arrows  at top of the table(s) to sort by columns.
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Kamut||2 ,3 ,4 ,5|| N|| N|| A|| A|| A|| A|| N|| N|
|Spelt Flour/...||2 ,3 ,4 ,5|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| A|
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients that contain gluten.
 This recipe uses ingredients with a high glycemic index.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which are high in phytates.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
Cook Right For Your Type is the definitive cookbook for those following the Blood Type Diet. When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has recently been greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a few years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended.
Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of all the new features and food lists. Please be patient until the process has been completed.
Click here to go to the BTD Forums - Cook Right 4 Your Type board to discuss this recipe.
- Revised Oct 23, 2007 at 03:38 PM By: Drea