Blood Type Diet Recipe
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
Tilapia sauteed in a golden almond crust.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (4 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type AB (3 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- Type B (2 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type O (2 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (1 beneficials)
- 1/4 cup rice flour
- 1 pound tilapia
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 cup roasted (no salt) almonds
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- Olive oil for saute (approx 3 Tablespoons)
- Fresh lemon juice to taste
How to make it:
- Put flour and spices in a plastic baggie.
- Seal and shake until combined.
- Grind almonds in the food processor until medium fine.
- Put them on a plate.
- Put the almond milk in a bowl.
- Put the fish in the baggie and coat with flour.
- Then briefly put in almond milk.
- Put on the plate with almonds and coat well.
- After all fillets are coated, put a large pan on medium heat.
- When pan is hot, add oil and about 3-4 fillets at a time.
- Turn once when a peek of the underside of a fillet is golden.
- Then finish cooking the other side for another few minutes (maybe 5?--test if fish flakes).
- Serve with lemon if desired.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients with a high glycemic index.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be genetically modified .
 This recipe uses ingredients which are high in phytates.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Oct 17, 2011 at 10:38 PM By: Joe