A non |
B non |
O non |
Sweet Cranberry-Honey Goat Cheese Spread
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
This is fantastic on spelt toast or apple slices. I plan to experiment with different acceptable fruits and spices. Very simple!
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (1 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (1 beneficials)
- Type AB (2 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (1 beneficials)
- Type B (2 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type O (0 beneficials)
- 4 oz plain chevre (goat cheese), softened
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 Tablespoons sugar, optional [or agave]
- Honey to taste (about 2 teaspoons, max)
How to make it:
- Place the cranberries, sugar, and water in a bowl.
- Either soak them until the cranberries swell, or microwave them for about 30 seconds to soften them.
- Drain the water, reserving a couple of teaspoon's worth. This will make it easier for your food processor.
- Place the berries, cheese, and a drizzle of honey into your food process or blender. (I use a Magic Bullet.)
- Blend until thoroughly mixed.
- Chill in a container.
- Spread will be about the consistency of cream cheese, only more delicious.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Hint: You can click on the arrows  at top of the table(s) to sort by columns.
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Cranberry||1|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|| B|| N|| N|
|Goat Cheese|| N|| N|| B|| N|| B|| B|| N|| A|
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This is a low lectin recipe. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
Cook Right For Your Type is the definitive cookbook for those following the Blood Type Diet. When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has recently been greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a few years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended.
Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of all the new features and food lists. Please be patient until the process has been completed.
Click here to go to the BTD Forums - Cook Right 4 Your Type board to discuss this recipe.
- Revised Oct 19, 2007 at 00:59 AM By: Drea