A non |
B non |
O non |
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
A versatile turkey meatball, full of veggies and flavor!
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (6 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type AB (5 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (5 beneficials)
- Type B (3 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- Type O (2 beneficials)
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup rolled oats**
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
How to make it:
- Preheat oven 350
- chopped all the veggies in my vita mix to be sure the pieces were small.
- Saute the carrot, onion and celery in the olive oil. Add garlic near the end and saute another minute or so.
- Add veggies and all remaining ingredients into a medium mixing bowl and combine well.
- Roll into balls about 1 1/2 inchs and place in lightly oiled baking dish.
- The mixture will be pretty soft, but will firm up as it bakes.
- Cover and bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 15 more minutes or until no longer pink inside.
- Serves 4-6 depending on appetite.
- Good go-with: green salad, rice, steamed green beans
- Or, the cooked meatballs can be used in soup-perhaps an Italian themed one?
- Or served with a favorite sauce as appetizers on a buffet?
- Meatball flavor could be changed depending on herbs/spices added too.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Hint: You can click on the arrows  at top of the table(s) to sort by columns.
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients that contain gluten.
 This recipe uses ingredients which are high in phytates.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
Cook Right For Your Type is the definitive cookbook for those following the Blood Type Diet. When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has recently been greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a few years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended.
Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of all the new features and food lists. Please be patient until the process has been completed.
Click here to go to the BTD Forums - Cook Right 4 Your Type board to discuss this recipe.
- Revised Nov 23, 2008 at 10:52 AM By: Rodney