A non |
B non |
O non |
Easy Eggplant Casserole
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
This yummy recipe is easy and low in carbs. I use white mushrooms, but I assume shiitake would work just as well. If you're like me and can eat the same thing every day, it makes great lunches for a whole week. Keeps very well in the fridge. I slice up a sweet red bell pepper for a side dish, and top off with a glass of cranberry juice.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A Non Secretor (0 beneficials)
- Type AB (4 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- Type B (5 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- Type O (0 beneficials)
- 1 medium to large eggplant, sliced thin
- 4 zucchini, sliced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 7 ounces pesto with basil [Zesty Pesto Sauce]
- sea salt to taste
How to make it:
- Layer everything in a large Pyrex baking dish.
- Start with half the eggplant slices, then half of the zucchini and mushrooms, dot with half the pesto.
- Then sprinkle half the mozzarella on top. I use two cups total shredded mozzarella, one cup for each layer.
- Sea salt to taste.
- Repeat all layers.
- Cover with foil and bake at 300 degrees for 1 hour and twenty minutes.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Hint: You can click on the arrows  at top of the table(s) to sort by columns.
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Eggplant||1|| A|| N|| B|| B|| B|| N|| N|| A|
|Zucchini||1|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|
|Basil||1|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| B|
|Sea Salt||1|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may have a high mold count.
 This recipe uses ingredients with a high glycemic index.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
Cook Right For Your Type is the definitive cookbook for those following the Blood Type Diet. When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has recently been greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a few years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended.
Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of all the new features and food lists. Please be patient until the process has been completed.
Click here to go to the BTD Forums - Cook Right 4 Your Type board to discuss this recipe.
- Revised Oct 05, 2007 at 08:52 AM By: Father Tiresias
- Revised Oct 05, 2007 at 10:31 AM By: Drea
- Revised Oct 05, 2007 at 11:08 AM By: Don
- Revised Oct 05, 2007 at 12:09 AM By: Drea