Blood Type Diet Recipe
VEGETARIAN NO PASTA LASAGNA
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A Non Secretor (0 beneficials)
- Type AB (2 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (1 beneficials)
- Type O (0 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (0 beneficials)
- 10 Italian tomatoes, halved and seeded
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped shallots
- 1/2 cup firm tofu, drained and crumbled
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 1-1/2 cups artichoke hearts packe din oil, drained and chopped
- 1/2 pounds asparagus, trimmed and blanched
- 3 cups grated mozzarella
- salt and pepper
How to make it:
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 120ªC (250ªF).
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine the tomatoes, garlic, oregano and half of the oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the tomatoes in the pan, cut side down. Bake about 2 hours.
- Allow to cool.
- Pull off the skin by hand.
- In a skillet over medium heat, soften the shallots in the remaining oil.
- Add the tofu and continue cooking until golden, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add oil as needed. Allow to cool partially, then add half of the ricotta. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the artichokes and remaining ricotta. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a pot of boiling salted water, blanch the lettuce leaves for 1 to 2 minutes. Immerse in a bowl of ice water. Drain and lay the leaves side by side on a clean tea towel. Set aside.
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 180ªC (350ªF).
- Spread half of the tomatoes on the bottom of a 25 x 18-cm (10 x 7-inch) Pyrex baking dish.
- Cover with a layer of lettuce leaves. Cover with the tofu and ricotta mixture.
- Cover with another layer of lettuce leaves. Lay the asparagus on top and add 250 ml (1 cup) mozzarella. Cover with yet another layer of lettuce leaves and add the artichoke mixture. End with a layer of lettuce leaves and sprinkle with the remaining tomatoes and mozzarella.
- Bake until the lasagna is heated through and the cheese on top is golden, about 45 minutes.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be genetically modified .
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be high in chitinase, an allergen.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
Cook Right For Your Type is the definitive cookbook for those following the Blood Type Diet. When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has recently been greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a few years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended.
Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of all the new features and food lists. Please be patient until the process has been completed.
Click here to go to the BTD Forums - Cook Right 4 Your Type board to discuss this recipe.
- Revised Sep 30, 2007 at 06:44 PM By: Rodney