Blood Type Diet Recipe
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
This a great meal to serve with rice and steamed broccoli. My family is picky, but this is one of our favorite meals.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (4 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type AB (6 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (8 beneficials)
- Type B (5 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (6 beneficials)
- Type O (1 beneficials)
- 2 cups of fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 4 teaspoons of butter, divided [or ghee]
- 1/4 cup white grape juice
- 1/4 cup chicken broth [or sub compliant broth]
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tablespoons of milk
- 3/4 cup spelt bread crumbs
- 4 boneless chicken breasts [or sub turkey breast cutlets]
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground peppercorns
- 4 thin slices mozzarella cheese
How to make it:
- In a non-stick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook mushrooms in two teaspoons of butter until they are tender.
- Stir in grape juice and chicken broth.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Set aside and keep warm.
- In a shallow bowl, combine eggs and milk.
- Place bread crumbs in a zip-lock bag.
- Dip the chicken in the egg and milk mixture and place chicken in the zip-lock bag to coat with the bread crumbs.
- Combine the seasonings and sprinkle over the chicken.
- In a large non-stick skillet, cook the chicken in the remaining butter until done.
- Top each piece of chicken with the mozzarella cheese and cover until melted.
- Serve with mushrooms.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Chicken|| 1 || N|| N|| A|| A|| A|| A|| N|| N|
|Turkey|| 1 || N|| B|| B|| B|| N|| N|| N|| N|
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may have a high mold count.
 This recipe uses ingredients with a high glycemic index.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print: