Blood Type Diet Recipe
GRANOLA BARS-SUGAR FREE
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
Snack Attack or Dessert
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (7 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- Type AB (6 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (5 beneficials)
- Type B (4 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- Type O (3 beneficials)
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup honey or molasses [or agave]
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract [optional]
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips [BTD compliant version]
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (depending on blood type)
Note: If you want two or all of these extras, just add 1/4 cup of each instead of 1/2 cup of just one of them.
How to make it:
- Bake oats at 350F on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Stir a couple times.
- LET COOL.
- Combine other ingredients in a bowl.
- Add oats and mix well together.
- Spread the mixture in a well-oiled baking dish.
- Press to compact it well inside the pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Cut into any size bar you want, and serve!
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
Fruit/ Fruit Juice Product(s)
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Raisin|| 1 ,2 ,3 || N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may have a high mold count.
 This recipe uses ingredients which are high in phytates.
This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Jan 04, 2008 at 10:10 PM By: Lola