Blood Type Diet Recipe
COLLARD LASAGNA WITH CARROT SAUCE
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
A yummy vegetarian lasagna
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (6 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type AB (7 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (6 beneficials)
- Type B (5 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (7 beneficials)
- Type O (2 beneficials)
- 6 large carrots
- juice of 1 lemon
- pinch oregano
- pinch salt
- pinch garlic powder
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 8 Tinkyada rice lasagna noodles
- 2 cups cooked collards
- 4 ounces goat chevre
- 3 ounces pecorino romano [or other BTD compliant cheese]
- 2 ounces 'Petit Basque' (sheep cheese)[not in Typebase]
How to make it:
- Cook collards separately and drain in a colander.
- Chop up and simmer the carrots in a half inch or inch of water.
- Blend those up to make the sauce, adding lemon juice, oregano, salt, garlic, and olive oil.
- Cook up 8 tinkyada rice lasagna noodles and drain.
- Chop up cooked collards.
- Mix the pasta with the sauce and the collards in a ramekin.
- Add goat chevre, grated pecorino romano to fill the top and several generous slices of our fave cheese: petit basque (expensive sheep)
- Place in hot oven until cheese turns a light gold color.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Goat Cheese|| || N|| N|| B|| N|| B|| B|| N|| A|
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients with a high glycemic index.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be genetically modified .
 This recipe uses ingredients which are high in phytates.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Oct 07, 2007 at 11:24 PM By: Lola