A non |
B non |
O non |
Roasted Onion and Fig Jam Appetizer
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
Can be used as an appetizer served with a flavorful cheese (per compliancy) and crusty bread. Also used as a side dish with roasted chicken.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (3 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type AB (2 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type B (1 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type O (3 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- 1-1/2 pounds onions, cut in chunks
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 Tablespoons fig preserves (if preserves not available, substitute 1 tablespoon honey mixed with 2 finely chopped dried figs.)
How to make it:
- Toss onions and olive oil in a roasting pan.
- Roast in preheated 450 F oven for 30 minutes or until onions are caramelized, tossing onions halfway through roasting time.
- Scrape up any browned bits in pan.
- In a food processor, chop onions until minced and sticky.
- Remove to a bowl.
- Stir in fig preserves and salt.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Hint: You can click on the arrows  at top of the table(s) to sort by columns.
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Honey||2|| N|| N|| N|| A|| N|| N|| N|| A|
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be high in chitinase, an allergen.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
Cook Right For Your Type is the definitive cookbook for those following the Blood Type Diet. When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has recently been greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a few years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended.
Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of all the new features and food lists. Please be patient until the process has been completed.
Click here to go to the BTD Forums - Cook Right 4 Your Type board to discuss this recipe.
- Revised Jan 22, 2011 at 11:55 PM By: Joe