Blood Type Diet Recipe
HEARTY TOFU STIR-FRY
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
Very tasty dish that makes you want more!
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (9 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (5 beneficials)
- Type AB (5 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (5 beneficials)
- Type O (4 beneficials)
- 1 clove diced garlic
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1/2 cup chopped Green onions
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon sesame seed oil [omit for BT]
- 8 ounces cubed extra firm tofu
- 1/2 cup Broccoli pieces, broken to bite-size
- 1/2 cup Carrots - Fresh or frozen
- 1 cup pre-cooked durum wheat spaghetti pasta or brown rice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder (adds nice color) or can use fresh ginger
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 Tablespoon Molasses
- sliced almonds
How to make it:
- Heat olive oil over medium heat, add garlic and onions and cook until slightly brown.
- Add cubed tofu and sesame seed oil.
- Cook for a minute or two and then add soy sauce and ginger.
- Continue cooking until tofu is lightly browned.
- Add pre-cooked pasta (or rice).
- Stir gently to allow pasta to heat throughly then add lemon juice and molasses.
- Allow flavors to blend together over medium heat.
- Sprinkle sliced almonds on top and serve immediately.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Sesame Oil|| 1 ,2 || N|| B|| A|| A|| A|| A|| N|| N|
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be genetically modified .
 This recipe uses ingredients which are high in phytates.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Nov 10, 2007 at 09:00 AM By: Rodney