Blood Type Diet Recipe
PORTOBELLO MUSHROOM PIZZA
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
Using large portobello mushroom caps, you can make the ultimate grain-free mushroom pizza!
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (5 beneficials)
- Type AB (7 beneficials)
- Type B (6 beneficials)
- Type O (3 beneficials)
- large portobello mushroom caps, stems removed
- tomato sauce or No-Tomato Tomato Sauce
- fresh mozzarella slices, or any grated cheese as desired
- fresh or dried herbs--oregano, basil, etc
- sliced or crumbled turkey or lamb sausage
- fried crumbled turkey bacon
- sauteed onions, garlic, peppers, etc
- fresh grilled pineapple
- Anything you put on a pizza, you can use here.
How to make it:
- Preheat the oven to hot/220C/425F/Gas Mark 7.
- Rub the caps gently with a damp paper towel to clean them, then place gill side up on a foil-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 7 minutes.
- The caps will give off some juice; drain them, pat them dry and top with whatever you wish.
- Return them to the oven and bake until cheese is melted and bubbly, or for several minutes to heat the toppings through.
- Serve hot!
They are about the same size as a single slice of regular pizza, but as filling as a mini-pizza in my experience, so make amounts accordingly)
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Lamb|| 1 || A|| N|| N|| B|| B|| B|| B|| N|
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be genetically modified .
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be high in chitinase, an allergen.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Aug 21, 2010 at 02:53 PM By: Lola