Blood Type Diet Recipe
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
This is a Ben & Jerry's recipe (when using corn syrup) and it is fantastic. Feel free to reduce or eliminate the red wine according to your taste/type.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (2 beneficials)
- Type AB (1 beneficials)
- Type B (0 beneficials)
- Type O (0 beneficials)
- 1 pint raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup brown rice syrup or light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup red wine (Shiraz or Chianti are excellent)
- 1 cup cold water
How to make it:
- If using frozen berries, thaw first.
- Add sugar and lemon juice and refrigerate, covered, for an hour, stirring occasionally.
- Add remaining ingredients, pour in ice cream maker and process according to ice cream maker instructions.
- Or just put it in a container and freeze it. It can be stirred occasionally, if desired, but it does not tend to freeze very hard so stirring isn't important.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Corn Syrup|| 2 ,3 || N|| A|| A|| A|| A|| A|| A|| A|
|Rice Syrup|| 3 || N|| A|| N|| A|| N|| N|| N|| A|
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be high in pesticides.
 This recipe uses ingredients with a high glycemic index.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be genetically modified .
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Nov 30, 2007 at 02:03 PM By: Don