Blood Type Diet Recipe
ROY'S SPECIAL SALMON
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
A very pleasant baked salmon dish using Miracle Whip, brown sugar, onions & lemons.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (3 beneficials)
- Type AB (2 beneficials)
- Type B (1 beneficials)
- Type O (1 beneficials)
- 4-6 salmon steaks or one-serving size fillets
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1-2 lemons, thinly sliced
- 3-4 Tablespoons Miracle Whip
- 3-4 teaspoons dark brown sugar
- salt & pepper to taste
How to make it:
- In a baking dish, place one layer of lemon slices and top with one layer of onion slices.
- Lay the salmon on top of onions, and sprinkle with salt and pepper (fresh ground is best).
- Spread another layer of onion on top of fish, then another layer of lemon slices.
- Spread Miracle Whip liberally over the works, and sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for 30 minutes or so, until salmon flakes.
- The sauce will have melted all over the fish.
- Serve with rice and fresh salad or cooked vegetables.
- This lovely dish came in as a runner-up in the Super-Valu Food for Thought recipe contest in 1985, and is thoroughly enjoyable. It is one of my favorites.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Mayonnaise|| || A|| A|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| A|
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised May 06, 2011 at 00:18 AM By: ABJoe