A non |
B non |
O non |
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
This delicious lasagne is an alternative recipe for those wishing to prepare a vegetarian dish.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type AB (3 beneficials)
- Type O (0 beneficials)
- 3 T olive oil
- 1 chopped red pepper
- 2 tsp basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 can tomato paste
- 1 can chopped tomato
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 2 Tblspn red wine
- 6 rice lasagne noodles (Tinkyada brand recommended)
- 1 14 oz block firm tofu
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 16 oz soft mozzerella or 12 oz regular mozzarella
- 1/2 cup goat cheese
How to make it:
- Make sauce:
- Saute pepper in oil for 5 minutes with herbs & salt. Add tomato sauce and paste, tomato and wine. Simmer for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook rice noodles according to package directions. Squeeze tofu in a soft cloth until all water is out and there are no large chunks. In a bowl combine tofu with egg, soy sauce and vinegar. Add more soy sauce and vinegar to taste if needed. Slice soft mozzarella or grate regular. Crumble goat cheese.
- Put some sauce in bottom of a 8 x 12 inch baking dish. Place 3 rice noodles across bottom. Add 1/2 tofu mix. Top with 1/2 of each cheese then spoon 1/2 sauce over all. Repeat layers. You may withhold the goat cheese for sprinkling on top of sauce if desired.
- Bake 375 degrees for 35 minutes, covered.
- Uncover and bake 10 additional minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Hint: You can click on the arrows  at top of the table(s) to sort by columns.
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be genetically modified .
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be high in chitinase, an allergen.
 This recipe uses ingredients with a high glycemic index.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
Cook Right For Your Type is the definitive cookbook for those following the Blood Type Diet. When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has recently been greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a few years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended.
Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of all the new features and food lists. Please be patient until the process has been completed.
Click here to go to the BTD Forums - Cook Right 4 Your Type board to discuss this recipe.
- Revised Sep 30, 2007 at 06:51 PM By: Rodney