A non |
B non |
O non |
Laurel's Scrumptious Sardine Salad
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
A delicious and healthy salad full of beneficial type A foods. Easy to make in a hurry because the ingredients can all be kept on hand. This salad satisfies every time! (I know, I just had it for lunch.)
Best Used By Blood Types:
- 1 bag of baby salad mix or baby spinch leaves
- 1 can of sardine fillets in olive oil (available at Trader Joes)
- 1 can of corn, or fresh corn cut off the cob if you have it
- 1 half a perfectly ripe avocado
- 1 bottle of Shitake Sesame Vinaigrette (Annies dressings, Trader Joes, Wild Oats)[or use a BTD compliant substitute]
How to make it:
- Fill two plates with bagged salad leaves.
- Rinse canned corn and sprinkle desired amount over beds of salad.
- Drain oil from can of sardine fillets, chunk up with a fork and sprinkle over salad.
- Slice avocado and divide between salads.
- Add dressing and enjoy! (This salad is also good with kalamata olives although they are on the 'avoid' list.)
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Hint: You can click on the arrows  at top of the table(s) to sort by columns.
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Vinegar (Bal...||3 ,4|| A|| A|| A|| A|| N|| N|| A|| A|
 This recipe uses ingredients with a high glycemic index.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be genetically modified .
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may have a high mold count.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
Cook Right For Your Type is the definitive cookbook for those following the Blood Type Diet. When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has recently been greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a few years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended.
Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of all the new features and food lists. Please be patient until the process has been completed.
Click here to go to the BTD Forums - Cook Right 4 Your Type board to discuss this recipe.
- Revised Oct 19, 2007 at 11:08 PM By: Lola