A non |
B non |
O non |
Taro boiled in Coconut Cream
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
Taro is like a potato that is boiled in a creamy white coconut milk solution. As it cooks, the coconut cream may curdle. This is good! Curdled coconut cream is very tasty.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A Non Secretor (0 beneficials)
- taro root
- coconut cream
- sea salt (optional)
How to make it:
- Taro root should be carefully peeled (do not use water while peeling. when water mixes with the taro juices, it becomes a skin irritant which will cause your hands to have a slightly painful itch).
- When peeling is complete, cut them into chunks about 2 inches by 2 inches, more or less.
- Put them into a saucepan and fill with water. You can use your hands to swish them around and rub off any dirt that you may have gotten on them from the skin while you were peeling them.
- Wash your hands under running water and continue to rinse them until the slipperiness from the juices is gone. When done this way, there shouldn't be any itching.
- Now pour out the water.
- Take coconut milk (squeezed from freshly shredded coconut and water is best. Canned or coconut milk made from instant coconut powder also works) and pour it into the saucepan, enough to cover the taro.
- Add salt and boil like you would potatoes until done (firm but tender enough to stick a fork in them without making it fall apart.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Hint: You can click on the arrows  at top of the table(s) to sort by columns.
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Coconut Milk||1|| A|| N|| A|| A|| A|| A|| A|| A|
|Taro|| N|| N|| N|| A|| N|| N|| A|| A|
|Sea Salt||1|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This is a low lectin recipe. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
Cook Right For Your Type is the definitive cookbook for those following the Blood Type Diet. When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has recently been greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a few years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended.
Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of all the new features and food lists. Please be patient until the process has been completed.
Click here to go to the BTD Forums - Cook Right 4 Your Type board to discuss this recipe.
- Revised Oct 14, 2007 at 11:28 AM By: Rodney