Blood Type Diet Recipe
SWEET POTATO WITH BANANA
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
Boiled sweet potatoes, then baked to a yummy casserole type dish. Perfect side dish with fish.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type B (4 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- Type O (5 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 small banana
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1 Tablespoon honey [or BTD compliant sweetener]
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
How to make it:
- Boil Sweet potato for 25 minutes.
- Remove from water and peel.
- Preheat oven 300 degrees F.
- Let the potatoes cool for 10 minutes.
- Slice into 1/4-inch discs.
- Slice banana the same way.
- Pour oil into small baking dish.
- Place slices of sweet potato and banana into dish.
- Pour in the rest of the ingredients and stir easy, being careful not to break up potatoes.
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes.
- Let set 5 minutes.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Agave Syrup|| || N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|
|Honey|| 2 || N|| N|| N|| A|| N|| N|| N|| A|
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be high in chitinase, an allergen.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help the body to detoxify.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Oct 08, 2007 at 10:10 PM By: Drea