Carrot Cake Bars"
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
What is there to say?
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (3 beneficials)
- Type AB (3 beneficials)
- Type O (1 beneficials)
- 1/3 cup organic canola oil or other allowed oil
- OR 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons Lighter Bake
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1/3 cup Turbinado (unrefined) sugar (optional)
- 2 organic eggs
- 1 cup finely shredded organic carrot
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup oat flour, brown rice flour, or other allowed flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons plain nonfat yogurt
- 1/2 cup drained canned crushed pineapple (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1/2 cup currants (optional)
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 350F (175C)
- Oil a 13' by 9' baking pan
- In a large bowl, combine oil or Lighter Bake, maple syrup or honey, Turbinado sugar (optional) and eggs
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon
- add to wet mixture
- Stir in yogurt, pineapple, carrots, walnuts and raisins, mixing thoroughly. Pour into prepared pan. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out slightly moist with crumbs
- Set on a wire rack and cool in pan
- Cut into 20 bars
- Sprinkle lightly with confectioner's sugar (optional). Store in refrigerator or freeze.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Hint: You can click on the arrows  at top of the table(s) to sort by columns.
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients that contain gluten.
 This recipe uses ingredients which are high in phytates.
This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
Cook Right For Your Type is the definitive cookbook for those following the Blood Type Diet. When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has recently been greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a few years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended.
Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of all the new features and food lists. Please be patient until the process has been completed.
Click here to go to the BTD Forums - Cook Right 4 Your Type board to discuss this recipe.
- Revised Oct 01, 2007 at 06:04 PM By: Rodney