A non |
B non |
O non |
Tilapia with white wine and rye sauce
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
Quick and easy dinner dish that's 'ooohh so good'! Tilapia dredged in rye and sauteed. White wine sauce made with the remaining rye flour.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (3 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type AB (3 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- 1/2 pound tilapia fillets
- salt (preferably sea salt)
- 1/2 cup rye flour
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine (Pinot Grigio works best)
- Honey (to drizzle)
How to make it:
- Sprinkle a pinch of salt over the fillets, then dredge in the rye flour...patting them to make sure the rye flour sticks on both sides.
- Heat your pan to medium and drizzle in the olive oil.
- Lay the fillets in the pan...sprinkle with a little garlic powder.
- Saute about 1 minute on first side (DO NOT overcook!)
- Turn the fillets over and saute for one more minute.
- Remove to plate.
- Add the remaining rye flour (from your dredging) to the pan, add the white wine and cook until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Add more white wine if necessary to make a smooth sauce.
- Pour sauce over fillets and ENJOY!
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Hint: You can click on the arrows  at top of the table(s) to sort by columns.
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Sea Salt||4|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|
 This recipe uses ingredients that contain gluten.
 This recipe uses ingredients with a high glycemic index.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
Cook Right For Your Type is the definitive cookbook for those following the Blood Type Diet. When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has recently been greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a few years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended.
Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of all the new features and food lists. Please be patient until the process has been completed.
Click here to go to the BTD Forums - Cook Right 4 Your Type board to discuss this recipe.
- Revised Oct 20, 2011 at 10:41 PM By: Joe