A non |
B non |
O non |
Vinegar-free Salad Dressing"
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
A fruit-juice-and-oil-based salad dressing. Lots of beneficials for nonsecretors. Juice could be adjusted to make it B and AB compliant. Measurements are approximate and can be adjusted for taste; I never measure so these are estimates.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (1 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type AB (1 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type B (1 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type O (1 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- 1/4 c. pomegranate juice
- 1 Tablespoon elderberry extract (particularly in cold/flu season; you can leave this out or use lemon)
- 1 Tablespoon black cherry juice concentrate
- 1/2 teaspoon agave, veg glycerine, or molasses (all give slightly different flavors; I like molasses in this one)
- 1/8 cup oil (extra-virgin olive or almond)
- 1 Tablespoon dulse flakes
- 1 Tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger (optional)
How to make it:
- Place all ingredients in jar
- shake well
- Use on your favorite salad
- (With the dulse and the nutritional yeast, you'll probably find that your pets want to lick the plate: warn them if you use ginger.)
- Note: when you refrigerate this mixture, it will separate and the oil will firm up. You will need to leave it out on the counter and shake it, or warm it gently and shake it, before pouring or it'll clump.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Hint: You can click on the arrows  at top of the table(s) to sort by columns.
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients with a high glycemic index.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
Cook Right For Your Type is the definitive cookbook for those following the Blood Type Diet. When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has recently been greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a few years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended.
Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of all the new features and food lists. Please be patient until the process has been completed.
Click here to go to the BTD Forums - Cook Right 4 Your Type board to discuss this recipe.
- Revised Sep 30, 2007 at 07:28 PM By: Rodney