A non |
B non |
O non |
Beef Tips and Gravy
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
This is a beef and gravy dish that is great served over steamed spinach. Good family-style dish that the kids will love.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type B (2 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- Type O (3 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- 2 lbs. beef, cut into 1' cubes
- 1/3 cup rice flour
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 onion,diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 15 oz can of beef broth- or equivelent home-made
- 2 Tbsp. worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp. tamari
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
How to make it:
- Toss cubed beef with rice flour until coated.
- Shake off excess flour.
- Brown beef, in three or four batches, in hot oil in a large frying pan. Remove to a separate dish.
- Saute onions and garlic in remaining oil and scrape up brown bits on the bottom of the pan, adding a little broth if the bottom of pan begins to burn.
- Add broth, worcestershire, tamari, pepper and salt. Bring to a simmer, stirring often. Reduce to a slow simmer, cover and cook for 2 hours.
- If gravy is not thick, remove meat to a dish and bring broth to a boil. Boil until thickened and pour over beef.
- Serve over rice, noodles or spinach.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Hint: You can click on the arrows  at top of the table(s) to sort by columns.
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Pepper (Caye...|| A|| A|| A|| A|| N|| N|| N|| N|
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may have a high mold count.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be genetically modified .
 This recipe uses ingredients which are high in phytates.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
Cook Right For Your Type is the definitive cookbook for those following the Blood Type Diet. When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has recently been greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a few years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended.
Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of all the new features and food lists. Please be patient until the process has been completed.
Click here to go to the BTD Forums - Cook Right 4 Your Type board to discuss this recipe.
- Revised Oct 01, 2007 at 05:57 PM By: Rodney