Blood Type Diet Recipe
EVERYDAY YOGURT OAT COOKIES
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
Chewy - almost a healthy cookie.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (3 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type AB (4 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- Type B (3 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- 1 cup white spelt flour
- 1/2 cup oat flakes
- 1/2 cup whole yogurt (I used Greek style 10 %, but I think 3 to 4 % would be OK)
- 1/2 cup very soft butter [or ghee]
- 1/4 sea salt - if you use salted butter, omit
- 1 cup sugar or other sweetener
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup walnuts or pecans, chopped
How to make it:
- Mix yogurt, butter, flour, and oats together and leave on the kitchen table for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add the rest of ingredients and mix.
- Drop on sheets (the dough will be sticky)
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes; keep an eye on them, they brown quickly.
- Store a cool place.
- These are chewy cookies, and pretty addictive.
- Makes 2 dozen
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Butter|| 5 || A|| A|| A|| A|| N|| N|| N|| N|
|Ghee (Clarif...|| 5 || N|| N|| N|| B|| N|| B|| N|| N|
 This recipe uses ingredients that contain gluten.
 This recipe uses ingredients with a high glycemic index.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which are high in phytates.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which are known to be common allergens.
This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Oct 17, 2007 at 01:41 PM By: Drea