Blood Type Diet Recipe
DAISYMAY'S PUMPKIN CHIFFON PIE
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
Here's my pumpkin chiffon pie recipe. I think I might cut down on the spices a bit, and I'll probably try using agave syrup in place of the sugar.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- 1 envelope gelatin
- 1/4 c apple juice or white grape juice
- Stir together and let stand
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 2 c. cooked pumpkin
- 1/2 c. maple or agave syrup
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 to 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp. cardamon
- 1/4 tsp. cloves
- 1/8 tsp. allspice
- 1&1/2 tbls. vanilla
How to make it:
- Mix together in saucepan and cook until boiling and thickened, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and add gelatin.
- Beat 3 egg whites until they start to stiffen.
- Add 4 tbl. sugar, one at a time.
- Mix into pumpkin mixture.
- Pour into baked pie crust and chill.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Pumpkin|| 1 || B|| B|| N|| N|| A|| N|| B|| B|
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This is a low lectin recipe. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Sep 29, 2007 at 10:46 AM By: Father Tiresias