Blood Type Diet Recipe
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
Recipe adapted from New Orleans Cooking by Emeril Lagasse and Jessie Tirsch.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (5 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type AB (7 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (8 beneficials)
- Type B (3 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (5 beneficials)
- Type O (3 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (6 beneficials)
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 1 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup finely chopped green bell pepper [or use a BTD compliant substitute]
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons olive oil 1 Tablespoon Essence*
- 2 cups turkey stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 5 cups cooked rice, chilled
- 1 cup minced fresh parsley leaves
- 2 Tablespoons paprika
- 2 Tablespoons granulated garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoons granulated onion powder
- 1 Tablespoon cayenne pepper(optional)
- 1 Tablespoon dried, ground oregano
- 1 Tablespoon ground dried thyme
How to make it:
- In a large, heavy saute pan, add some oil.
- Brown ground turkey.
- Add and cook the onion, bell pepper, celery, and garlic.
- Add 'Essence' and pepper.
- Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining stock and bay leaves and scrape the bottom of the pan to loosen any browned bits.
- Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the rice and stir thoroughly.
- Cook until the rice is heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and remove the bay leaves.
- Stir in the parsley and serve.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be high in pesticides.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be genetically modified .
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print: