Blood Type Diet Recipe
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
This is a *great* tasting chili that I came up with using a tofu product that can be bought at most major grocery chain stores that is called 'Ground Round' to simulate ground beef. It also works well in spaghetti sauce, and lasagne, all of these of course contain tomatoes or tomato sauce, so those A's who have issues with tomatoes, Sorry!
Best Used By Blood Types:
- 1 package Ground Round tofu product, or tofu that you have crumbled and browned with seasonings on your own
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell peppers
- 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 14-1/2 ounces of low sodium beef broth
- 6 ounce can low salt tomato paste
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 or 3 garlic cloves, well chopped
- brown sugar to taste (1 to 2 tablespoons should do it)
- 2 - 15-1/2 ounce cans of black beans (undrained)
How to make it:
- Saute the onions and bell pepper in a tablespoon of olive oil until soft.
- Add remaining Ingredients and bring to a boil, mixing well.
- Reduce heat and simmer for up to an hour, adjusting seasonings to taste.
- Try not to overcook the tofu...
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Black Bean|| 2 || B|| N|| A|| A|| A|| A|| N|| N|
|Pinto Bean|| || B|| B|| B|| B|| A|| A|| A|| N|
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be high in pesticides.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Oct 21, 2011 at 10:46 PM By: Joe