A non |
B non |
O non |
Almond Milk (Ambo Girl)
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
Delicious nut milk.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (0 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (0 beneficials)
- Type AB (0 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (0 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (0 beneficials)
- Type O (0 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (0 beneficials)
- 1 cup almonds
- 2 cups water
How to make it:
- Buy the almonds already blanched or buy in skins.
- With almonds in skins just add boiling water, enough to cover, and leave for approx 5 minutes. Remove from water. Then just squeeze. Skins pop off quite easily.
- In a blender put 1 cup almonds to 2 cups water and blend until reasonably smooth.
- I don't grind the almonds.
- I don't think it makes much difference.
- I strain the liquid through a cloth.
- The almond meal can be used for biscuits and cakes etc. I used some in a 'chocolate cake' made with white spelt flour, eggs etc very nice. Beautifully moist like a 'friend'.
- The milk should be stored in the fridge and may separate. Just shake to combine again.
- The milk is absolutely delicious. I have so far used it for 'almond milk latte'
- with real coffee and milk froths up well.
- (Thicker milk, use less water, better froth!)
- Also made yogurt using a teaspoon of yogurt.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Hint: You can click on the arrows  at top of the table(s) to sort by columns.
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Almond/Almon...||1|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|| N|
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This is a low lectin recipe. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
Cook Right For Your Type is the definitive cookbook for those following the Blood Type Diet. When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has recently been greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a few years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended.
Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of all the new features and food lists. Please be patient until the process has been completed.
Click here to go to the BTD Forums - Cook Right 4 Your Type board to discuss this recipe.
- Revised Oct 06, 2007 at 09:42 PM By: Rodney