Blood Type Diet Recipe
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
Steel cut oatmeal
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (2 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (0 beneficials)
- Type AB (2 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (3 beneficials)
- Type B (3 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type O (0 beneficials)
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup soy, rice, or whole milk
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter or ghee or grapeseed oil
- 1 cup steel-cut oats
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
How to make it:
- Bring water and milk to simmer in large saucepan over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, heat butter or oil in medium skillet over medium heat until just beginning to foam.
- Add oats and toast, stirring constantly with wooden spoon, until golden and fragrant with butterscotch-like aroma, stir 1-1/2 to 2 minutes.
- Stir toasted oats into the simmering liquid, reduce heat to medium-low; simmer gently, until mixture thickens and resembles gravy, about 20 minutes.
- Add salt and stir lightly with spoon handle.
- Continue simmering, stirring occasionally with wooden spoon handle, until oats absorb almost all liquid and oatmeal is thick and creamy, with a pudding-like consistency, about 7 to 10 minutes.
- Off heat, let oatmeal stand uncovered 5 minutes. Serve immediately.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
|Name||Notes||A Sec||A Non||ABSec||ABNon||B Sec||B Non||O Sec||O Non|
|Butter|| 3 || A|| A|| A|| A|| N|| N|| N|| N|
|Ghee (Clarif...|| 3 || N|| N|| N|| B|| N|| B|| N|| N|
 This recipe uses ingredients that contain gluten.
 This recipe uses ingredients which are high in phytates.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be genetically modified .
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised Oct 20, 2007 at 11:16 PM By: Lola