A non |
B non |
O non |
Blood Type Diet Recipe
100% RYE BREAD
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
Here's a rye bread that tastes like deli rye.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (2 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (1 beneficials)
- Type AB (1 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (2 beneficials)
- Type O (0 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (0 beneficials)
- 2 cups water
- 1 Tablespoon yeast
- 2 Tablespoons molasses
- 1 egg
- 7 1/2 cups rye flour
- 1 Tablespoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder (or more to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
How to make it:
- Mix all ingredients well.
- It will feel like a very thick batter and will not be like a wheat bread.
- Cover loosely with buttered plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place until doubled.
- Punch down.
- Let rise again for best results.
- Put 1/2 of batter in each of 2 greased bread pans and pat flat with floured hands (or buttered).
- Cover with buttered plastic wrap and rise in a warm place until almost doubled in size.
- Slit top right down the middle with a very sharp knife. Bake in 350 degree oven 30-45 minutes.
- This was nothing like baking a wheat bread. The first rise took over an hour. The second about 50 minutes and the third still took 40 minutes.
- The end result is fantastic!
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
 This recipe uses ingredients that contain gluten.
 This recipe uses ingredients with a high glycemic index.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
The statements made on our websites have not been evaluated by the FDA (U.S. Food & Drug Administration).
Our products and services are not intended to diagnose, cure or prevent any disease. If a condition persists, please contact your physician.
Copyright © 2015-2018, Hoop-A-Joop, LLC, Inc. All Rights Reserved