Blood Type Diet Recipe
SERENA'S SHREDDED SALAD
Click Here For A Complete Or Abbreviated Printer Friendly Version
Share this recipe on Facebook
Nice light lettuce free salad. Fair bit of root veggies, but still summery.
Best Used By Blood Types:
- Type A (8 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (4 beneficials)
- Type AB (4 beneficials)
- Type AB Non Secretor (5 beneficials)
- Type B (4 beneficials)
- Type B Non Secretor (6 beneficials)
- Type O (5 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (8 beneficials)
- 3 cups shredded broccoli stalks (can be bought, or you can shred your own)
- 1 cup shredded kohl-rabi
- 1 cup shredded turnip
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- Half a red pepper- thinly sliced and cut in half
- 1-1/2 cups almond oil
- small piece (like 2' square) each: red, yellow, green pepper and red onion.
- 1 Tablespoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon of basil
- dash salt (optional)
- dash cayenne
- 2 Tablespoon of water
- 2 Tablespoon lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
How to make it:
- Put salad ingredients in bowl.
- For salad dressing, put all the ingredients in a blender and puree.
- Pour dressing over salad, toss to coat. (Use only as much dressing as you feel necessary- rest can stay in fridge for a week or two)
- Personal opinion is the salad is great with pulled poultry or stir-fried steak. Therefore it's great for taking to potlucks and bbq's.
Blood Type Diet Analysis:
Core Ingredients Analysis:
The ingredients in this category are either BTD compliant for all types or the recipe author and/or editor did not suggest a possible substitution. If this category contains avoids for your blood type this recipe may not work for you, unless you feel like you can omit the item or make an appropriate substitution. If you develop a great BTD compliant variation of this recipe please consider adding it to the Recipe Database.
Variations and Substitutions Analysis:
This category of ingredients contains possible substitutions that may allow different blood types to use the recipe or ingredients that can be left out of the recipe altogether.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients which may be high in pesticides.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
There are several cookbooks based on the Blood Type Diet that are available in print:
- Revised May 30, 2011 at 00:35 AM By: Joe